Long before words, we communicated with Symbols, Images ...
Sandplay Therapy is:
- a choice on offer for you @ Tuatara Counselling Services,
- a safe non-threatening healing process for clients of ALL ages
- a simple yet profound way to bring healing and change for clients
- a non-verbal / non-directive psycho-therapeutic approach to healing and change
- a way of bypassing thinking about issues and directly accessing conflicts in a symbolic way
- a three dimensional and concrete therapeutic process using sand, water and miniatures
- a therapeutic process where miniatures as symbols are used in the creation of Sandplay images
- a change in these images enables client to gain the courage to make changes in their own life
- a link to discover more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9stXffcQIs
Who is a Sandplay Therapist?
A trained professional who has completed specialist theoretical Sandplay Therapy training, who is also
working towards or has achieved International Accreditation with ISST (International Society for Sandplay Therapy)
Sandplay Therapy was devised in the late 1930's by Dora Kalff who in turn also established ISST in 1985.
Sandplay Therapy is an effective therapeutic process for a myriad of concerns.
Taking us back to the beginning, before words and their complexities hindered our capacity to understand and heal ourselves.
"From the first touch of the sand,
there is often a palpable release of tension
as the body begins to find its natural rhythm again." Bonnie Badenoch